What does it mean to be a disciple of
Jesus Christ?
Luke 10:38-42
From the story of Mary and Martha we learn that disciples of
Jesus Christ leave the cares of the world behind and follow Him.
Luke 11:5-13
Disciples of Jesus Christ have faith in him, that he will
answer their prayers and send the Holy Ghost to comfort and teach them.
Luke 12:13-21
Disciples of Jesus Christ lay aside the material things of
the world and work to further the Lords work on the earth.
Luke 14:16-33
Disciples of Jesus Christ put nothing and no one above
him.
Institute Manual pg. 114
"There must be a consciousness of real need for prayer,
and real trust in God, to make prayer effective; and in mercy the Father sometimes delays the
granting that the asking may be more fervent. "
I realize that I am a Martha. I need to do better at laying
aside the cares of the world and not worry so much about things that don't
matter eternally. My husband, children
and my relationship with my Father in Heaven are the things that matter
most. I am determined to become more
like Mary. One things I can do to make
this change is to pray for strength to lay aside the things of the world.
To become a disciple of Jesus Christ we need to do more than
go to church on Sunday. In the scriptures
we learn that to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ will put aside all things to follow him. All worldly possessions, all idols, all
passions, all selfishness, all our time and all our desires. We will seek first the kingdom of heaven, fast,
pray, endure to the end and offer our whole souls to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment